Higher Quality Examination
- When tests are offered via the Internet, it allows users to create assignments free from time and location constraints.
- Everything is prone to human error: digital examination eliminates most of these errors.
- Digital testing is better suited to the digital age. Students are used to working with computers, making writing faster and easier to edit.
- It is less labor intensive for students: writing and rewriting text on the computer is fast and easy.
- It is less labor intensive for teachers: it takes less time to check the text. They don’t need to deal with poor handwriting anymore. It is also less time-consuming to add feedback for the students.
- It is less labor intensive for the back office;
- No need to distribute different tests/exams versions to different places
- No need to distribute paper copies of tests/exams to different people
- The assignments and tests can be reviewed wherever there is access to a PC.
- The results are delivered digitally (instantly).
- Less administrative work leads to lower costs.
- Digital testing replaces the need for large quantities of paper used with paper versions of exams. Printing and paper costs can be reduced dramatically.
- No additional software needs to be installed.
Better control / deeper analysis
- Digital examinations make it easier to analyze test results compared to hard copy assignments.
- Results can be analyzed in depth, at a question level, student level, and classroom level.
- All mistakes can be registered.
- All results are saved and can be reviewed later.